Transition to Maintenance
The transition from weight loss to weight maintenance is made by gradually increasing your caloric intake. Continue with the plan, replacing one meal a day with Nutribar, instead of two.
Once your weight has stabilized, continue to adapt your new healthier lifestyle to similar suggestions in the plan.
- For example, substitute 2-3 meals a week with Nutribar and continue to do so if you can maintain a consistent weight. You may decide to replace only one meal to see what happens – that is your choice.
- Or substitute one meat for another – just be sure to choose leaner cuts of meat. You can also enjoy more of the grains you enjoyed during weight loss, as well as vegetables or fruits.
- Remember: When you add more foods, you add more calories, as well as adding to the amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in your diet, so make wise decisions.
- Take control over what food you eat. Be aware of what you are putting into your mouth, how it is prepared, and portion size. Not everyone is able to feel great on the same diet. Notice how you feel and eat those foods that make you feel good. This can make weight management easy.
- Variety is crucial in weight management. Incorporate different foods at varying times, prepared in new ways.
- Continue to exercise, or begin if you have not already. Exercise is crucial to weight maintenance and health. Food and exercise go hand in hand. With weight maintenance, energy input is equal to energy output.
In the long run, by changing eating and lifestyle habits, you will feel better, more energized, more focused and less stressed. And at the end of the day, you’ll sleep better!